Sensor Solutions® was incorporated in Colorado in 1993. It started with a new design of a family of magnetic distance sensors that provided an analog output proportional to the distance to ferrous metal. This sensor caught on in the test and measurement field. From that product, we grew into having over 20 different families of products, all based on magnetic field detection.
The company currently holds 5 patents in magnetic sensing, and we are working on a few more. Over the years we have continued to grow our test and measurement, OEM, and replacement magnetic sensors. Our current catalog has over 6,000 unique magnetic field sensors.
We regularly develop new magnetic sensors for prototypes, OEM products, OEM replacements, and custom applications. So whether you need a new custom sensor, are trying to replace a magnetic sensor that is no longer available, or need to replace a magnetic sensor that does not meet your needs; contact us and we can find you a catalog or custom magnetic sensor to meet your needs.
For the latest information on products, milestones, and events check our news page.
Sensor Solutions utilizes Modular Manufacturing Concepts in Design and Production, allowing for the widest selection of Magnetic Field Sensors available, built to order with the shortest lead-times in the business. Design, Assembly, and Testing occur all in one location. American made components are used everywhere possible, and we work with mostly American vendors and partners for producing custom machined and molded sensor components done outside our facilities. We are ISO 9001 certified and support our products whether you purchase thousands of sensors at a time or you purchased one sensor in 1999.
In House Capabilities Include:
- PCB and PCBA design and testing
- High Speed Precision Pick'N'Place circuit board assembly
- Six Sigma Design methodology
- Precision Programming and testing of Allegro, Melexis, and Micronas sensing elements
- Automated Cable/Wire Cutting and Stripping
- Automated Pigtail Connection Assembly
- Laser Fabrication of components
- Laser Marking Stainless Steel, Aluminum, and Plastics for Product Identification
- Mechanical and Electrical Sensor Design
- Custom Sensor Housing and Cable Design.
- Molded Sensor Packaging and Component Design
- 100% lot testing of critical product characteristics
- Permanaent Magnet Design and Field Calibration
- Temperature Cycling and Burn in for Product Stabilization and Testing.
- Magnetic Calibration.
- Active Magnetic Field Hall Effect Programming and Testing
- On-board Microprocesso based Sensor Design and Signal Conditioning
- Product Anaylsis for Replacement Sensor Design
- Engineering Testing specific to Customer Requirements
- Prototype, 1 time, and OEM production
- Full Encapsulation of Electronics for durability and protection, including Vacuum Encapsulation and Thermal Curing
- Custom and Catalog Smart Sensors
- KANBAN stocking plans for OEM customers
- Brand labeling and custom packaging of products for OEM customers
- CE Marking
- Failure Analysis and Preventative Action Planning.
Active OEM Applications Include:
- Cam and Crankshaft position sensors
- Exercise equipment speed sensing
- Tank intruder alarm sensing
- Reverse direction detection in semi trailers
- Measuring Valve lift height in diesel engines
- Wheel Speed and rotation direction sensing
- Measuring the flow rate of fertilizer behind tractors
- Scanning checks for staples being sorted at your bank
- Counting the distance traveled in a line painter
- Cement mixing drum direction of rotation
- Measuring the true position of a railroad car
- Railway/train speed, direction, and position detection
- Speed and direction of automotive transmission output
- Resolving cable feed in mining and off shore applications
- Resolving the angular position of Propane Tank gauges
- Measuring the height of a saw blade in the timber industry
- Measuring the linear position of a shot rod in the Die Cast Industry
- Heliostat position tracking for solar arrays
- Turbine rotational speed and direction measurement of windmills in the wind power industry
- Flow meter sensors for irrigation and fertigation
- Resolving rotational position of shafts and gears
- Measuring speed and direction of winch shaft
- Measuring reel speed and direction
- Current Measurement sensors
- Tamper resistant door closure indication systems
- Detecting the position of pistons through aluminum casings
- Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) sensors and magnetic tape
- Smart Sensors for controlling relay status based on speed and direction of motion
- Transmission Position Sensors for High Performance vehicles
- Aftermarket Cam and Crank Shaft Position Sensors
- Low Cost Thief Hatch Monitoring Sensors for oilfield monitoring applications.
- Many, Many more.
Test and Measurement Applications Include:
- Gear teeth count up and down for a wire length in a wire feeder
- Shaft run out detection
- Measuring for Defects through the aluminum case of fully assembled transmission assemblies
- Determining fan shut down (motor stall)
- Magnetic field strength measurement for MRI machines
- Non contact measurement of projectile speed
- Measuring conveyor belt speed and position
- Scanning for ferrous metal debris inside aluminum boxes
- Underwater cable feed
- Monitoring Gas Meters through the aluminum case
- Determining position of a magnet through a brass or copper tube
- Determining shaft and gear overspeed and underspeed conditions
- Verifying the presence or absence of ferrous metal parts within assemblies
- Measuring shaft rotational speed and direction
- Monitoring the movement of steel and magnets in lab tests
- Many, Many more