There were no results for "".
If you are searching for a part number from a sensor engraving, you may be including a date code, gear pitch, or programming code.
Try searching again without any characters after an "_" or a blank space on the markings.
You may also find the product or information you need on one of the below pages:
For immediate assistance, please call us at: 970-879-9900.
Magnet Detecting Speed Sensors
Rotational or linear speed of an object can be measured by attaching one or more magnets to the object so that they will pass perpendicular to the sensors. Digital Hall Switch Sensors, Magneto-Resistive Switches, and Reed Switches all function as speed sensors for detecting magnets. NOTE: Reed switches mechanically open and close when detecting magnets and the life of the switch is dependent on the amount of power passing through. Therefore these switches are not recommended for extended, constant switching applications.
Magnetic speed sensors are available for all of the following applications,
- South Pole Magnetic Field Detection
- Either Pole Magnetic Field Detection
- Dual Outputs (one South Pole and one North Pole)
- Quadrature or Speed/Direction Outputs for detecting direction of movement
- High sensitivity, Low Sensitivity, and Custom programmed Sensitivities
- Latching outputs for creating 50% duty cycles with alternating pole magnets
Magnets of many sizes and shapes are available in our Accessory Catalog.
More information on speed sensor selection can be found in our Application Notes.