Magnetic Sensors in Medical Applications
Sensor Solutions manufactures multiple custom products specifically for OEM medical applications. Our company is ISO 9001 certified, and have been audited by Medical Industry Manufacturers to relevant ISO 13485 standards by our customers and exceeded their expectations.
Hall Effect Switches and Analog Hall Effect Sensors are used in a wide variety of medical applications for monitoring the relative components of parts in complex medical equipment. Magnetic sensors are also commonly used for tracking speed of moving components in medical testing equipment, for measuring magnetic fields in and near MRI machines, and as limit switches or safety switches.
Sensor Solutions magnetic sensors are available in stainless steel, aluminum, and molded plastic packaging and detailed inspection data proving parts meet specifications can be provided with custom sensors if required when sensors are considered “critical” for proper function in medical applications.
Sensor Solutions has been providing sensors to medical equipment manufacturers for two decades. Below are several specific examples where Sensor Solutions Magnetic sensors are used in medical equipment, hospitals, and other medical facilities.
- Hall Effect Switches as Speed measurement sensors for magnet pill mixers in laboratory equipment.
- Analog Hall Effect Sensors providing an analog output proportional to gap to track position of components in blood analysis machines.
- Hall Effect Switches as safety interlocks to ensure that protective doors and access panels are closed before medical equipment is powered up.
- Reed Switch Sensors as door alarms for Clean Rooms.
- Analog Hall Effect Sensors for measuring the size and shape of magnetic fields in MRI machines.
- Ferrous Metal Detection Sensors for confirming the presence and proper location of needles in medical syringes.
- Tamper resistant door closure indication systems
The above listings are just some of the applications in which magnetic field sensors can be used in medical equipment. Magnetic field sensors can be used for precision detection of relative position between components in medical equipment, to track relative position of components in hospital beds, to measure current flow in sensitive equipment, as safety interlocks in equipment and facilities, and other applications where a position, gap, alignment, orientation need to be measured without contact.
For more information on sensors for medical applications or assistance in determining the best magnetic field sensor to meet your needs, contact our Applications Engineers.