Magnetic Sensors in Consumer Electronics
Magnetic sensors are found in many categories of consumer electronics. Hall Effect sensors are used in exercise equipment, household appliances, digital cameras, smart phones, toys, electronic instruments, and other electronic devices and equipment.
Magnetic sensors can be used to resolve speed, speed and direction, position, alignment, proximity or rotational position without requiring direct contact between the sensor and target. Magnetic sensors can be provided in rugged protected enclosures for harsh environments, or in small circuit board mount packages for minimal use of space.
As Hall Effect Sensors Can detect magnetic fields through non-ferrous components magnetic sensors and targets can be embedded inside of appliances and detect targets that are on the opposite side of external and internal features.
Sensors for Consumer Electronics
- Precision Programmed Analog Hall Effect Sensors for tracking position of moving components in cameras.
- Single Channel Gear Tooth Sensors for monitoring the speed of treadmills and other exercise equipment.
- Quadrature Hall Effect Sensors for measuring line feed from a reel.
- Digital Hall Effect Sensors as limit switches for raising and lowering chandeliers.
- Relay output Hall Effect switches for turning off lights when Murphy beds.
- Digital Ferrous Metal Detection Sensors as precision limit switches in tilting solar panels.
- Digital Hall Effect Sensors for tracking rotational speed in mixers.
- Digital Hall Effect Sensors for tracking position of moving components in household appliances.
- Analog Hall Effect Sensors for tracking position of slot cars
- Dual Output Hall Switches for monitoring the opening and closing of automated pool covers.
- Digital Hall Effect Sensors for tracking motor speed in drones.
- Scanning checks for staples being sorted at your bank
The applications listed above are just some examples of where Sensor Solutions Magnetic Field sensors can be found in consumer electronics. Contact our Applications Engineers if you would like to discuss a custom sensor solution for your Consumer Electronics application.