There were no results for "".
If you are searching for a part number from a sensor engraving, you may be including a date code, gear pitch, or programming code.
Try searching again without any characters after an "_" or a blank space on the markings.
You may also find the product or information you need on one of the below pages:
For immediate assistance, please call us at: 970-879-9900.
Single Output Gear Tooth Sensors
For gear sensing applications where the direction of rotation does not change or matter we offer the following product lines.
- DS type Single Channel Gear Tooth Sensors provide one pulse per tooth from standard gears. These sensors are true zero speed Gear Tooth Sensors that work up to 10 KHz frequency.
- DSO type Single Channel Target Tracker Sensors provide one pulse per tooth from standard gears. These sensors do not require a specific orientation to the gear and work up to 15 KHz frequency. These sensors are also capable of tracking gears with missing teeth and other steel targets.
- VR type Variable reluctance sensors are passive magnetic pickups that generate a sine wave voltage output from passing gear teeth. They do not require power to operate, but do not generate large enough waves for measuring low speeds.
Multiple Output Gear Tooth Sensors for Speed/Count with Direction
For applications where direction of rotation of a gear is monitored along with the speed or a count of the teeth we offer the following product lines.
- DQ type Quadrature Gear Tooth Sensors provide two pulsing outputs that are out of phase. By comparing which output detects the tooth of the gear first a tachometer or counter can monitor the direction of rotation along with a speed or increasing/decreasing count.
- SD type Speed and Direction Gear Tooth Sensors provide one pulsing output for monitoring speed or tracking the count along with a second output that switches between a high and low state dependent on the direction of rotation.
- SDQ type Speed and Direction Quadrature Gear Tooth Sensors provide both the two out of phase pulsing outputs of Quadrature Gear Tooth Sensors and the high/low output of the Speed and Direction Sensors into a single sensor with three total outputs.
Gear Tooth Speed Switch Sensors
For applications where a gear is being monitored for over-speed, under-speed or zero-speed detection is required we offer two different solutions, a low-cost speed switching sensor or a fully programmed, precision switching meter with multiple programmable features.
- SS Type Speed Switch Sensors provide 1 digital pulsing speed output and a second output (relay or transistor available) that switches at a specified frequency. This low-cost solution will switch on/off within +/- 15% of the specified switch frequency.
- For high precision speed switching with higher power capable relay output, Sensor Solutions Single Channel Gear Tooth sensors can be paired with a fully programmed with a precision programmed Speed Switch Meter.
To learn more about selecting speed sensors, selecting or designing gears as targets, and the importance of the gear pitch when using Quadrature or Speed/Direction sensors check our Application Notes for more information.
If you do not find the gear tooth sensor you need in our catalog, contact our Engineers to discuss a custom solution.