There were no results for "".
If you are searching for a part number from a sensor engraving, you may be including a date code, gear pitch, or programming code.
Try searching again without any characters after an "_" or a blank space on the markings.
You may also find the product or information you need on one of the below pages:
For immediate assistance, please call us at: 970-879-9900.
Ferrous Target Sensors For Counting
Direction sensitive counting of rotational or linear moving steel targets can be accomplished with the following types of sensors.
- Quadrature Target Tracker Sensors output two out of phase digital square wave pulses. Comparing which output detects the target first resolves direction.
- Speed and Direction Target Tracker Sensors output speed pulses on one channel and a second output that switches dependent on direction of movement. NOTE: If the direction of movement changes while the sensor is over a target, it may not register the direction change until the next target passes the sensor. For long term, guaranteed accurate count we recommend the Quadrature Target Tracker Sensors.
Ferrous Quadrature and Speed/Direction Sensors are capable of detecting the following targets:
- Spur Gears, Face Gears, and Rack Gears
- Tone wheels and tone rings
- Holes in Steel objects such as rings, discs, pulleys, and steel plates
- Bolt heads, pins, and other steel protrusions
- Shaft Keys, keyways and holes in shafts
- Steel inserts mounted in non ferrous discs and plates
- Cam shafts and crank shafts
For more information about our ferrous target tracking quadrature and speed/direction sensors such as why we request the target pitch, or to learn more about custom target design, refer to our Application Notes.